5 Healthy and Easy-to-make Breakfast Recipes
It also fuels you enough energy to make it through the morning. There are many health benefits that breakfast could offer. When you eat breakfast, your body is reminded that there are a lot of calories to be taken for the rest of the day. When you skip breakfast, your body is conserving the incoming calories rather than burning them.
“Studies have found that although people who skip breakfast eat slightly fewer calories during the day, they tend to have higher body mass index or BMI,” says Christy C. Tangney, Ph.D., a clinical dietitian at Rush University Medical Center.
“We use BMI, the ratio of a person’s weight compared to height, as an easy measure of whether someone is in the range of his or her healthy weight or not,” she added. “A BMI of 25 or higher, for example, indicates that someone is overweight and needs to take action to come back to their ideal weight.”
But eating a healthy breakfast is something many people struggle with, and you’re not alone. Rushing to work or worrying about what to have next, it’s hard to find time to prepare a healthy breakfast. So, we’ve made a list of good-hearty breakfast recipes using Don Pepe Tablia products that will leave you full throughout the morning.
Here are 5 recipes that are packed with nutrients and are easy to make:
- TABLIA PANCACKES
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 sachet Don Pepe Tablia OriginalYou start by mixing the flour, salt, whole egg, milk, and Don Pepe Tablia Original together in a bowl until creamy. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites with powdered sugar until soft peaks. Fold egg whites very slowly into the mixture. Be careful not to deflate. Take about a cup of the mixture and cook one by one in a non-stick pan with butter. Flip the pancake gently and finish cooking the other side for about 4-5 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. Repeat until all the batter is cooked and serve with fresh fruit or maple syrup.
- DARK CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
- 8 tbsp of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp Don Pepe Tablia Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Muscovado Sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 egg whiteTo start, In a small bowl, whisk together milk, egg white, and coco oil. Set aside. Mix the flour, Don Pepe Tablia Dark Chocolate, baking powder, muscovado or coco sugar, and salt with a fork. Add milk and put the mixture in a microwaveable mug. Then microwave on high for 1.5 minutes. Let cool and transfer muffin on a plate. Serve warm.
- BANANA PEANUT BUTTER-COCOA OATS JAR
- 8 tbsp rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp Don Pepe Tablia Original
- 1/4 cup bananas, sliced
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (for non-dairy alternative, use coco yogurt)In a mason jar, combine oats, chia seeds, and Don Pepe Tablia Original. Pour milk over the oats. Do not stir. Layer peanut butter, yogurt, and bananas. Drizzle with honey. Cover the jar and refrigerate overnight before serving.
- CHAMPORADO OATS
- 1 1/4 tsp Don Pepe Tablia Original
- 7 Tbsps Instant Oats
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup water, boiled
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk, warmIn a medium bowl, mix Don Pepe Tablia Original, oats, and salt together. Pour in water and milk and mix well. Continue stirring and cooking over a high flame until the porridge thickens. Serve immediately.
- COFFEE SMOOTHIE
- 1 sliced banana
- 1 cup iced cubes
- 1 sachet Don Pepe Pure Native Coffee
- ½ cup of low-fat milk
Prepare ½ cup of warm water and dilute Don Pepe Pure Native Coffee in the cup. Put the diluted coffee, milk, iced cubes, and sliced banana into the blender at high speed. Add vanilla, and blend again until smooth. Serve!